This page is as accurate a translation as possible of Cantoo’s “Politique de confidentialité”. The authoritative document under this agreement is the original French version available here.
Scope & integrity of the agreement
Cantoo attaches great importance to protecting your personal data. We inform you about personal data that we collect during your visit to our websites, how it is used and how you can influence the process. This data privacy information provides answers to the most important questions.
What data is collected and how is it used?
- Technical features
When you visit our websites, our web servers temporarily record the domain name or IP address of your computer, the client’s file request (file name and URL), the HTTP response code and the Internet site from which you are visiting us. This data is deleted when your Internet session is concluded.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you in order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, applying to be a Customer, your advertising, buying and selling of destinations on Dynamic Voice Exchange, your use of the payment escrow arrangements and otherwise
- information obtained from third parties as part of our vetting process.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information supplied and gathered during the setting up and testing of virtual interconnect links;
- information about your fulfilment of agreed contracts (including, but not limited to, analyses of service quality);
- Information about your payment profile into escrow;
- Information about your buying patterns.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Other personal details
Such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address will not be recorded unless you provide this information voluntarily.
- For purposes provided for by law
We use your data for purposes provided by law. We store your IP address for seven days to enable us to identify cases of misuse and to detect and eliminate faults and malfunctions in our telecommunications systems.
Data Protection Right
We comply with the most advanced laws in terms of Data protection including the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Californian Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Therefore every applicable user is entitled to the following:
- The right to be informed – you have the right to request that we inform you of what data is being collected, how it’s used, how long it’s kept and whether it will be shared with third parties.
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- If you make a request to exercise any of your applicable GDPR rights, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Where is my data processed?
Your data is in general processed in Europe. Data is only processed outside Germany in individual cases and in line with legal provisions.
How secure is my data?
We have taken extensive technical and operational precautions to protect your data against unauthorized access and misuse.
Is my data passed on to third parties, e.g., public authorities?
Yes, certain data has to be passed on; this is governed by strict contractual and legal regulations:
1.1. To external contractors for data processing:
Contractors only come into contact with our customers’ personal data within the framework of what is known as commissioned data processing. Cantoo remains responsible for protecting your data. The contractor has to follow and follows our instructions at all times when working with your data. We ensure that by strict contractual regulations, technical/organizational measures and extra checks.
1.2. Owing to legal obligations:
In certain cases, we are legally obliged to transfer data to state authority on request. Upon presentation of a court order, we are obliged under the law to provide the owners of copyrights/ancillary copyrights with information about customers who have allegedly offered copyrighted works via Internet file-sharing services. In these cases, the information we provide comprises the user ID of the IP address assigned at the requested time/date as well as the customer’s name and address, if known.
We do not pass on your data to third parties for any other purpose unless you have given express permission for us to do so or this is permitted by law.
Will my IP address be saved?
We will store your IP address for seven days after a connection ends to enable us to identify cases of misuse (spam, viruses, worms, etc.) and to detect and eliminate faults and malfunctions in our telecommunications systems.
Will my usage habits be evaluated, e.g., for advertising purposes?
We create usage anonymized profiles under pseudonyms to the extent permitted by law. We can evaluate these for the purposes of advertising and market research. No direct conclusions can be drawn about your person. The profile data is not linked to any other information about your person. You can object to the creation of usage profiles at any time. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and/or to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by electronic means (see below), post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail) only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please on which we collect your data contact us at email@example.com.
Last Update: 16/04/2022